Saturday, September 6, 2014

@TomBeltz is no wordsmith, that’s for sure

image

 

Yes, Twitter is where theists go to make fun of atheists in a public forum, using #hashtags that will get the attention of atheists, and then cry about how many atheists are responding to them. This guy decided to do that and, of course, people piled onto him.

 

image

 

And so I came in. And with that, the most hilarious bunch of bullshit happened.

 

image

 

It goes around, of course, with him just reiterating that atheism is a religion and he’s tired of our preaching and sermons, and constant use of the #EvolutionApologetics hashtag that I think he hopes will trend, but won’t.

 

image

 

Too easy for me to point out the irony in what he just said.

 

image

 

I looked it up. It referenced a story about poor, persecuted Mark Armitage. As expected, his “soft flesh” found on dinosaur bone didn’t prove young-earth creationism, but it did betray what he was. If anything, it proves how desperate they are to prove young earthism, that they’ll apparently make conspiracy out of a bad scientist being fired for being a nutcase who does bad science, and supposed proof out of what turned out to not be dinosaur flesh at all.

 

image

 

Oh, I guess I should explain. Yes, he believes in ass demons. This happened before that:

 

image

 

So…


image 

image

 

It was actually the second time he’d randomly asserted that he’d touched a nerve (or as he called it the first time, that he’d gotten my “panties in a bunch,” see above) when he actually hadn’t. And that’s when he identifies himself as a studier of words, in response to me above saying he didn’t follow conversation well or that he should look up words if the can’t grasp them. (#WordSalad is a Sarah Palin thing, thank you.) Him? A master of words, which he can’t use to save his life? I don’t think so. And he proves it even moreso.

 

image

 

Apparently one is a “stupid fucker” for using the word correctly.

 

image

 

Yes, a floe is a sheet of floating ice. He probably typed floe as a typo, but it’s further proof that he’s not the word expert he seems to think he is.

 

image

 

What the hell is he even saying??????

 

image
image

 

That tweet comes from the person who called me fucktard, liar (though I never said I was a scientist), and an assortment of scathing words. This also from a religious person who keeps insisting science is the only religion, and that a lack of a word in the Hebrew language means they can’t have been religious. Because that’s logical. (But they didn’t actually lack that word). So I go for that walk and my phone chuckles to let me know he tweeted me again:

 

image

 

So I figure when I get home, it’s time to just go ahead and take this clown down. I did so in what’s called a TwitLonger post, where you aren’t limited to 140 characters, because it’ll let you write at length and then post it as a link to your post:

 

Here, @TomBeltz, let me help you grasp something...

Your question was: I study word origin for fun, tell me why there's no word in Hebrew for religion:
https://twitter.com/TomBeltz/status/508021962955030528

So I informed you that there was. That word is דת , pronounced daht. Google says it means "religion, faith, denomination, and edict."
http://goo.gl/9EiChx

As does this source: http://goo.gl/cipqdL

I also pointed out the study of origins and meanings of words over time is called etymology, which you responed by calling me a "stupid fuck" and insisted it wasn't about origins at all:https://twitter.com/TomBeltz/status/508023774940495872

But it is, as I showed you: https://twitter.com/bibleasshole/status/508024546952486912

And so then you responded:

"Hahaha! there's your problem DIPSHIT right there in front of U!"the study of origin" U do the same thing with the word science"
Which really didn't make any actual sense.

However, back to daht. You then reply:
No, U gave me a word that does not appear in the OT, but that's nothing new from #Atheists.
https://twitter.com/TomBeltz/status/508030847103270912

Well as you can see, and as I pointed out to you, "You never said I had to find a word from the bible."
https://twitter.com/bibleasshole/status/508031081069965312

But then I found out that it WAS in the Bible, and pointed that out to you as well. So I met your first criteria in giving you a Hebrew word that means religion. I then showed the word also met your suddenly new criteria of it also being in the bible. http://t.co/TkLAsDahCy
https://twitter.com/bibleasshole/status/508032119462199296

So out of desperation, you have to call it a failure because it wasn't translated to "religion" by scholars. That's hardly my fault or my failure. Especially since their law WAS their religion, and vice versa.

And all the while, firing "fucktard" and "freak" at me. But I met your every challenge. The word is in the Old Testament. The word does mean religion. I have proven this, and in doing so, have handed you your ass.

For someone who says he studies words, he fails miserably in the use of them.

 

And with one last tweet, he tries to save face and fails, while several applaud my handling of him (here are two examples):

 

image

 

He continued to troll everyone else, of course, and continued desperately using #AtheistApologetics as he did so. But they’re all having similar experiences with him, where anybody with half a mind can see what a fool he’s made of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment